There are hundreds if not thousands of different kinds of tea around the world so for those not knowledgeable in this area might difficult to choose the right one.
I have been drinking tea since I was a baby and still cannot live without it. As a non-coffee drinker, I get all the energy from the tein and the caffeine in the tea I sip. Tea definitely belongs into the best drinks to stay fit when traveling.
Have a look at the 6 best teas to drink:
1. Green tea is essential – I really do sip green tea every morning. Antioxidants help your body to fight against toxins, cancer, heart disease and osteoporosis. It also strengthens your teeth and bones and burns calories.
2. Sea buckthorn tea – I am surprised seabuckthorn is still not so globally known and used plant. It fights carcinogens, it is anti-inflammatory, anti-anemic and decreases appetite. It contains more vitamin C than citrics and also many other vitamins and minerals, helps detoxication and is very useful dealing with liver illness. Sea buckthorn gives you energy and resolves skin diseases and diarrhea.
sea buckthorn tea in my Christmas mug
3. White tea – similar to green tea, it prevents cancer (contains even more polyphenols than the green tea) and radicals to damage the body cells, reduces the bad cholesterol and increases the good one; and lowers the blood pressure. White tea is antiviral and antibacterial, gets you radiant skin and strong teeth. If unsweetened green tea is too bitter for you, opt for white tea instead for its sweeter natural flavour.
4. Mint tea – relaxes muscles and helps your digestion (also the digestion of fats) and liver. It can also help with rheumatism, stress, fatigue and depresion. Mint tea is antibacterial and a source of vitamin C with sedative properties.
5. Nettle tea – beta-carotene, vitamins B2, C, K, calcium and magnesium make it the best to cure the urinary problems as it is strongly diuretic. Also great for detoxication and for diabetes as it decreases blood sugar levels.
6. Ginger tea – its vitamins and minerals together with other healthy benefits prevent vomiting, nausea and headache. It also decreases menstrual and stomach discomfort, stress and reduces inflammation of joints and muscles. As well helps with respiratory problems, cough and cold.
I have to confess that I drink at least one or two of these teas every day. Nettle and ginger tea only when I am on holidays in Slovakia, green, sea buckthorn and white mostly everywhere.
Avoid fruit tea bags – fruit tea from tea bags usually have a lot of colorings which are not good for your teeth, nor your stomach. Also herbal teas with lemon or any other flavour to make it sweeter and easier for those who do not enjoy herbal teas, most of the time they do not have the natural lemon or other fruit in it, but only some chemicals that do not have any vitamins. Be careful with it and check the ingredients.
Mostly, tea is best accompanied by lemon and honey, no adding of sugar, ok?
Would you add any of your favorite teas into this list of the best teas to drink to stay fit when traveling?