DJ Yabis runs one of the most fabulous European adventure blog, Dream Euro Trip. He is a self-proclaimed gourmand, music festival freak and loves traveling in style. He also helps his readers plan their dream eurotrips.
1. Honestly, do you find it hard to stay fit when traveling? If so, what is the biggest challenge for you?
Before, yes because I was generally lazy. But now I enjoy walking and do a lot of adventure activities when traveling so it sure beats seating at home. I think the biggest challenge is always a change in mindset. If you can change the way you see fitness, then you can definitely stay fit while traveling easily.
2. What do you think about vegetarian/vegan/raw food diets? Do you follow any of them?
I like my delicious dead animals so I try to balance my diet with meat, fresh vegetable and fruits. I am more a Paleo person than a vegetarian ;D
3. What sports do you practice on the road?
Swimming mostly and walking (if you can call it a sport!)
4. Do you think mental or spiritual side is also important when staying fit? Is meditation close to you?
Totally. As I mentioned in my first answer, your mindset will be your biggest challenge. I’ve never tried meditation though but would love to!
5. Your top 3 tips for other travelers to stay fit when traveling?
1. Walk if you can!
2. Eat fresh local food (avoid processed stuff and fast food!)
3. Easy on the alcohol!
Leave a Reply